Oxnard car accident attorney
Car accidents can have devastating repercussions for both the victims and their families. Even minor car collisions will sometimes cause long-lasting health complications. Headquartered in Oxnard, The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman has been representing victims of car accidents for many years. Depending on the circumstances and type of collision, we will seek compensation for all your losses. From medical bills to lost wages and all other costs associated with the crash, we always protect your interests.
Types of collisions
There are four general categories of collisions:
- Side impact
All these categories can cause serious injuries that will affect your family’s financial stability. Our firm’s main goal is to recover everything you have lost through fair compensation. Compensation is generally calculating considering a few factors such as property damage, medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Depending on multiple factors, injuries can go from minor to deadly. Our attorney J. Jeffrey Herman is prepared to represent all clients facing common car accident injuries including:
- Brain injury – Individuals sustaining these types of injuries can suffer blurred vision, migraines, and memory loss.
- Neck injury – These are injuries at the top of the spine that may take time to heal.
- Spinal cord injuries – These injuries are serious injuries that can cause paralysis.
It’s natural to feel overwhelmed after a car accident. Whatever the circumstances, try to remain calm and take the following steps:
- Seek medical treatment – Your health should be your top priority. Make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. Medical records are important evidence for your claim.
- Gather important information – Write down the contact information from all individuals and vehicles involved in the accident.
- Photos – Take pictures with your cellphone of the accident scene. Look for any road conditions, missing signs, or any other factor that may have contributed to the accident, besides the vehicles or drivers involved.
- Details – Write down any details about the accident that may serve as evidence. Remember your memory can fade after this traumatic event. Writing down everything earlier on will make the picture clearer when talking to your attorney.
- Contact the police – Police officers can investigate the accident and provide helpful evidence in the police report. They will take statements from witnesses and drivers, which can be very helpful when filing your claim with your insurance company. In case the police don’t show up, you can file a report at the police station.
Don’t communicate with your insurance company without a car accident lawyer.
Damages You Can Claim in a Car Accident Case
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Oxnard car accident, filing a lawsuit can help you recover compensation for those injuries. The value of the car accident lawsuit will vary based on a few factors, all of which will be determined by your Oxnard car accident attorney when he investigates the accident that left you injured. Some of the damages you can claim in a lawsuit include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages (current and future)
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Expenses for renovating your home to make it wheelchair accessible if you are paralyzed by the crash
- Mental anguish
It is possible that the judge presiding over your case might award punitive damages depending on the circumstances of the crash. Punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant for acting maliciously or deliberately in the accident that left you injured. All of these factors will determine how much compensation you can receive from the defendant in a car accident case.
If your loved one was killed in an Oxnard car accident, you can seek damages for wrongful death, burial expenses, and funeral expenses in a lawsuit. The tragic loss of a loved one in a car accident changes your life in an instant. You, your family, and your friends will forever be hurt by the loss of your loved one despite receiving compensation for the loss.
Finding an Oxnard Car Accident Attorney
After suffering an injury in a car accident you should seek legal representation immediately to protect your rights. The Oxnard car accident attorney at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman will protect your rights to the fullest extent of the law after suffering an injury in a car accident. It is important that you seek a referral from a trusted friend or family member when looking for a personal injury attorney. Someone who has used an attorney for accident injuries makes it easier to trust that the attorney will do the same job for your case.
Meet with as many personal injury attorneys as you’d like. Bring someone with you to every meeting so that they can take notes while you ask questions. Having a second set of ears makes it easier to digest all of the information presented at every meeting. Ask about the attorney’s fees, court fees, and how the attorney handles communication with their clients.
The Importance of Witnesses in Car Accident Cases
Witnesses are vital to every Oxnard car accident case no matter the severity of your injuries. Whether it’s witnesses who saw the accident first-hand or expert witnesses hired by your attorney, a witness will be able to add credibility to the testimony given at the personal injury trial. Our attorney will be sure to contact all of the people who witnessed the accident first-hand as well as any experts who can testify to the severity of your injuries, how the accident occurred, or how the type of vehicles involved could have led to your injuries.
Our legal advice
We understand that a car accident can be a stressful event in someone’s life and a very difficult one to navigate on your own. Notwithstanding your circumstances, we are here to make the process easier for you. Remember, you need to determine the benefits you are entitled to receive. This can be quite difficult without a qualified Oxnard car accident lawyer by your side. Whether you want to recover lost wages, or any damages caused to your vehicle, with experienced legal representation you will be able to bring a claim for all injuries sustained in the accident. you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 805-983-2344.