Oxnard car accident attorney
Car accidents can have devastating repercussions for both the victims and their families. Even minor car collisions, will sometimes cause long-lasting health complications. Headquartered in Oxnard, The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman have been representing victims of car accidents for many years. Depending on the circumstances and type of collision, we will seek compensation for all your losses. From medical bills, to lost wages, and all other costs associated with the crash, we always protect your interests.
Types of collisions
There are four general categories of collisions:
- Side impact
All these categories can cause serious injuries that will affect your family’s financial stability. Our firm’s main goal is to recover everything you have lost through fair compensation. Compensation is generally calculating considering a few factors such as property damage, medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Depending on multiple factors, injuries can go from minor to deadly. Our attorney J. Jeffrey Herman is prepared to represent all clients facing common car accident injuries including:
- Brain injury – Individuals sustaining these types of injuries can suffer blurred vision, migraine, and memory loss.
- Neck injury – These are injuries at the top of the spine that may take time to heal.
- Spinal cord injuries – These injuries are serious injuries that can cause paralysis.
It’s natural to feel overwhelmed after a car accident. Whatever the circumstances, try to remain calm and take the following steps:
- Seek medical treatment – Your health should be your top priority. Make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. Medical records are an important evidence for your claim.
- Gather important information – Write down the contact information from all individuals and vehicles involved in the accident.
- Photos – Take pictures with your cellphone of the accident scene. Look for any road conditions, missing signs, or any other factor that may have contributed to the accident, besides the vehicles or drivers involved.
- Details – Write down any details about the accident that may serve as evidence. Remember your memory can fade after this traumatic event. Writing down everything earlier on will make the picture clearer when talking to your attorney.
- Contact the police – Police officers can investigate the accident and provide helpful evidence in the police report. They will take statements from witnesses and drivers, which can be very helpful when filing your claim with your insurance company. In case the police doesn’t show up, you can file a report at the police station.
- Don’t communicate with your insurance company without a Oxnard car accident lawyer.
Our legal advice
We understand that a car accident can be a stressful event in someone’s life and a very difficult one to navigate on your own. Notwithstanding your circumstances, we are here to make the process easier for you. Remember, you need to determine the benefits you are entitled to receive. This can be quite difficult without a qualified Oxnard car accident attorney by your side. Whether you want to recover lost wages, or any damages caused to your vehicle, with experienced legal representation you will be able to bring a claim for all injuries sustained in the accident.