There are few things scarier than getting into a car accident, and those caused by drunk drivers are often severe. When you need a Ventura County drunk driving accident attorney, you can count on the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman to be by your side. Let our knowledgeable and experienced team get to work investigating the crash. Our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for all of your injury-related expenses.
What we know about drunk driving in California
When it comes to vehicle accidents, Californian’s are no strangers. During the latest year of data available from the state’s Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), we know that there were more than 273,000 vehicle accident injuries and 3,602 total traffic crash fatalities.
These accidents happen in a variety of ways and, thankfully, most crashes involve only property damage or minor injuries. However, drunk driving incidents tend to be more severe.
- According to the OTS, alcohol-impaired drivers were responsible for 31% of all traffic crash fatalities during the latest reporting year.
- The five year rolling average of drunk driving fatalities (2013-2017) is 980 a year.
During that year, there were 980 fatalities and 26,029 injuries that resulted from alcohol-impaired crashes.
Why are these incidents so severe?
If a person’s blood-alcohol level is above .08%, they are driving illegally, though a person can become impaired after just one drink. When a person makes the choice to drink and drive, they are putting themselves, their passengers, and everyone around them in jeopardy. Drunk drivers tend to operate recklessly and at higher speeds. In many cases, they do not even slow down before an impact with another person, a fixed object, or pedestrians and bicyclists.
It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of drunk driving incidents:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
It is vital that victims seek medical attention for any injuries immediately. For serious injuries, victims could see medical expenses rise into the tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
We are ready to get to work for you today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle crash that was caused by a drunk driver, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we are ready to get to work on your case today. Our dedicated team will get to the bottom of what happened and work diligently to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses (current and future)
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy or rehab if you need it
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
- Personal Injury
- Ventura County Car Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Truck Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Elder Abuse Attorney
- Ventura County Slip And Fall Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Dog Bite Attorney
- Ventura County Spinal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Brain & Head Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Metrolink Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Burn Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Pool Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Wrongful Death Attorney
- Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Premises Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Uber Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Product Liability Attorney