Ventura County Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can happen at any moment. Regardless of how common these accidents may seem, each collision is as unique as the individuals involved; they can be devastating to both the victims and their families. Oftentimes, insurance companies are reluctant to give these accidents the attention and care they deserve. An experienced Car Accident Attorney Ventura County, can serve as your advocate during this difficult time and obtain fair compensation for all the damages caused.
Common causes of car accidents in Ventura County
Many studies and statistics show that the majority of car accidents in Ventura County are caused by reckless acts by the driver. Some of these causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Traffic violations
- Distracted driving
- Bad weather
Common car accident injuries
Injuries sustained in a vehicle accident depend mainly on how many vehicles were involved in the accident and the severity of the collision. Some injuries may be caused by the initial crash while others are caused by colliding with other objects. Rollover accidents can be deadly as the car occupants sustain severe injuries due to the magnitude of the accident. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Facial injuries
- Brain and head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Mental and emotional injuries
What to do
Since car accidents can happen unexpectedly, you may feel a bit scattered at first. It’s paramount that you keep some things in mind during this traumatic event:
- Try moving to a safe area – While sometimes this may not be possible, you may be able to at least warn other drivers that your vehicle has stopped.
- Check if other drivers were injured – Catch your breath and check on other drivers. Just make sure it’s safe to get out there before you open the door.
- Call the police and obtain as much information as you can about all the drivers and vehicles involved in the accident.
- If you are injured, seek medical treatment.
- Notify your insurance company about what happened.
- Contact your Ventura County car accident attorney
It is important not to give anyone outside of law enforcement any information until you have a Ventura County car accident attorney at your side. Your own insurance carrier can be an adversary after an accident. We encourage our clients to be polite, thanking the caller for his or her concern and telling him or her that now is not a good time. We will handle all communications with outside parties while you focus on recovering.
Turn to a Ventura County car accident attorney for help.
- Jeffrey Herman will carefully investigate the circumstances surrounding your auto crash in Ventura County and any subsequent damages it caused. Your health should be your top concern. We will handle everything else as we pursue your best interests.
To learn more about how we can help you navigate the complexities of your personal injury case, contact our car accident lawyer in Ventura County, California At The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman, we have more than 30 years of experience representing individuals who have been injured in car accidents throughout Ventura County. Regardless of the complexity of your case, we are prepared to diligently pursue the compensation you deserve.