Cycling is a popular sport that just keeps growing. Learning how to ride a bike is such a standard memory in every child that it is hard to believe when someone says that they never learned how to ride a bike. Cycling has been linked to such great health benefits like increased cardiovascular fitness, improved joint mobility, strengthens bones, improves posture and coordination, decreases body fat levels, increase muscle strength and flexibility, and overall improves mental health by being outside and exercising. People boast about their cycling lives as much as runners do. Cycling is a fun way to explore new territories both natural and urban. Cycling is environmentally friendly by reducing the number of carbon emissions and it helps with traffic overall because there are fewer cars on the road. There are many reasons to start cycling, but there are also some risks to the fun exercise too.
California is 6th in the nation for highest cycling accidents. Over 100 people annually are killed in cycling accidents and those accidents typically involve a motor vehicle. Unfortunately, those who drive are not willing to share the road. Cycling paths have been paved, but not many drivers have been actively paying attention to such street signs. Cycling is just as much a right as driving a car or walking. If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident then you have the right to speak to an attorney and discuss your options for compensation. Our Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman has been serving the community of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties for over 30 years. We have a thorough understanding of our local roadways and experience in successful lawsuits. Do not hesitate to call 805-983-2344 if you have been injured to see how we can best work for you.
If you were cycling and get knocked off your bike, your likelihood of serious injury increases than someone who was walking or who is in the car getting hit by another car. The reason for this is that you are not only feeing the force of the hit but then when you are knocked off you have the force of the fall. Your potential for back, neck, or head injuries drastically increases. A type of traumatic brain injury is deceleration. This means that your brain in your skull is free-floating and absorbs the impact in a very different and serious way than the bones in your body. Your brain can actually rattle in your skull which can lead to brain bruising, swelling, or internal bleeding. The scarier thing about traumatic brain injury is that sometimes you don’t know you are inured until days or weeks later when the symptoms start to show.
Our Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney is well versed in these kinds of claims and promise to work aggressively to ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries. Call 805-983-2344 or click here to start a conversation with our professional attorneys today.
- Ventura County Personal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Car Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Truck Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Elder Abuse Attorney
- Ventura County Slip And Fall Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Dog Bite Attorney
- Ventura County Spinal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Brain & Head Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Metrolink Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Burn Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Pool Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Wrongful Death Attorney
- Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Premises Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Uber Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Product Liability Attorney