- Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Brain & Head Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Burn Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Dog Bite Attorney
- Ventura County Elder Abuse Attorney
- Ventura County Pedestrian And Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Pool Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Premise Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Product Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Slip And Fall Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Spinal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Uber Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Wrongful Death Attorney
Do you or a loved one use e-cigarettes? Have you become injured or ill after vaping? If so, you need to seek legal assistance immediately. E-cigarettes were seen as years to be a better alternative than traditional cigarettes, but we are now learning that they can cause serious illnesses. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we are ready to help you through this. We will investigate the cause of your illness. If it is linked to vaping, we will vigorously pursue compensation from the e-cigarette makers. Call us when you need Ventura County E-Cigarette explosion attorney.
Why are these products so addictive?
E-cigarette products are highly addictive. Most would argue that they are more addictive than traditional cigarettes. While early generations of vaping devices contained solutions that were 1% to 2.4% nicotine solutions, it is not uncommon to see most major brands offer a nicotine solution between 4% and 5%. Making them more addictive, particularly for youth, are the abundance of flavors these products have been available in, such as fruit flavors, cotton candy, mint, and more.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is now investigating and keeping track of the rising number of illnesses and deaths that have been associated with the use of e-cigarettes. Vaping-related illnesses have been reported in almost every state in the country. The CDC says that 79% of all vape-related illness patients are under the age of 35. The youngest patient to die from vape-related illness was 17.
Healthcare providers have announced a range of symptoms that people can experience. These can include:
- Breathing difficulty
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
There are many popular brands on the market
There are many popular e-cigarette brands available in stores and through online sales. Some of the most well-known brands are Juul and Blu E-Cigs. However, there are many others, including:
- Om Vapors
- Green Smoke
- Mig Vapor
- VAIO Vapor
- Morpheus E-Cigs
- V2 Pro
- Halo Triton
The FDA has not done its job
The FDA gained the ability to regulate e-cigarette approximately five years ago but has so far only banned the sale of these products to minors. They do not evaluate anything else about e-cigarettes, including what does into them. E-cigarette companies have until mid-2020 to submit their products to the agency for approval. Until they are approved, companies can continue the unregulated sale of vape products.
We are ready to take your case today
If you or a loved one have become seriously injured or ill after using an e-cigarette, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, our product liability attorney understand that these cases can become complex, but that will not deter us as we work to secure compensation for you, including:
- Your medical expenses related to using e-cigarettes
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the e-cigarette company