- Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Brain & Head Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Burn Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Dog Bite Attorney
- Ventura County Elder Abuse Attorney
- Ventura County Pedestrian And Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Pool Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Premises Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Product Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Slip And Fall Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Spinal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Uber Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Wrongful Death Attorney
Driving in and around our county, you are going to see plenty of commercial vehicles. They are vital to our economy, but they can cause serious accidents and injuries. If you need a Ventura County commercial vehicle accident attorney, we are ready to step in and help. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, our dedicated and experienced team will get to the bottom of your crash. Our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you truly deserve.
What do we consider a commercial vehicle?
Getting into an accident with a commercial vehicle can lead to even more confusion and complications in the aftermath of the crash. In some cases, you will know right away if you are dealing with a commercial vehicle. In other cases, it is not readily apparent.
A commercial vehicle is one that transports goods or passengers for profit. Consider the following vehicles that are considered commercial:
- Cargo vehicles
- Passenger buses
- Delivery trucks
- Delivery vans
- Taxi cabs
- Pickup trucks (in some circumstances)
- And more
How often do commercial vehicle accidents occur?
There is no solid number on how many commercial vehicles in total are involved in crashes on California roadways. In many cases, these incidents are reported just like any other crash, and victims are left fighting with multiple insurance companies to secure coverage. We do know that there were more than 273,000 total crash injuries during the latest reporting year in this state.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) says that there were almost 150,000 injuries and nearly 5,000 fatalities on US roadways due to large truck crashes. These are the most devastating commercial vehicle crashes that can occur. These trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, and they cause serious injuries and damage when they impact the average passenger vehicle.
It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of a commercial vehicle crash:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Other injuries that inhibit a person’s daily activities
- Significant disfigurement
These injuries lead to enormous medical expenses and immense pain and suffering for victims and their families.
Let us get to work securing the compensation you need
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle, you may be eligible for significant compensation. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, you can count on us to be by your side throughout this process. We will investigate the crash and work to secure the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage of your current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if you are unable to work
- General household/out-of-pocket expenses
- Possible physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party