- Personal Injury
- Ventura County Car Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Truck Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Elder Abuse Attorney
- Ventura County Slip And Fall Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Dog Bite Attorney
- Ventura County Spinal Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Brain & Head Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Metrolink Accidents Attorney
- Ventura County Burn Injury Attorney
- Ventura County Pool Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Wrongful Death Attorney
- Ventura County Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Premises Liability Attorney
- Ventura County Uber Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Product Liability Attorney
Truck Accident Lawyer Ventura County
The law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman have been representing individuals involved in truck accidents for over three decades now. We understand these accidents can be very devastating and cause serious injuries and fatalities to all the individuals involved. Although most of these injuries are sustained by passengers in the other vehicle, it’s very difficult to determine why the accident occurred and who was at fault without the help of an experienced Ventura County truck accident attorney. J. Jeffrey Herman has the experience and knowledge necessary to handle these types of cases and get the best results for you. He can help you recover your financial as well as emotional losses.
What caused the accident?
Because trucks are large vehicles, trucking accidents can be deadly. Due to the weight and size of the vehicle, it’s difficult to break at high-speeds. Truck drivers who lose control may struggle to gain it back. Some ways a truck can get into an accident include:
- Speeding – Many times truckers speed to meet tight deadlines at work. About 1 out of 5 trucking accidents are due to high speeds.
- Fatigued truckers – Truck drivers don’t get enough sleep. Some of them have a 16-hour shift. Fatigue can impair the driver’s ability to manage unpredictable situations on the road.
- Uneven loads – The loaded equipment needs to be distributed evenly throughout the truck otherwise a tire may blow causing the vehicle to rollover.
- DUI – Truckers sometimes take drugs to stay awake. This may cause them to respond the wrong way when getting into an accident.
- Careless driving – Careless behavior while driving such as not keeping the right distance from other cars, changing lanes periodically, and stopping unexpectedly, will cause a lot of damage.
Whether you were hurt or a loved one passed away, it is essential that you focus on what matters most: your health.Your injuries could significantly affect the functionality of your spine, brain and head. Some severe truck accidents may involve amputations of legs, arms, extremities, fingers, and so on. Your vehicle may also have significant damage for which you need to seek compensation.
We are committed to giving our clients the space they need to get well, while we handle the legal aspects of their cases. By combining our experience with our total dedication to our clients’ needs, we are able to obtain the compensation they need to cover costs associated with medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Contact The Law Offices Of J. Jeffrey Herman For A Free Initial Consultation
Truck accidents are complex and the injuries are often catastrophic or deadly. Due to the complicated nature of these accidents, it is essential that you retain an experienced Ventura County truck accident attorney who is committed to your well-being.
Attorney J. Jeffrey Herman has more than 30 years of experience helping individuals throughout Ventura County who have been injured in 18-wheeler accidents. He can successfully handle your personal injury case and have all your questions answered.
Truck accidents are known to cause the most disastrous and catastrophic consequences on the roads of Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, and elsewhere in California. Although there are special federal laws and guidelines for truck drivers in our country, it does not make being in a truck crash less traumatic or painful.
That is why we invited our Ventura County truck accident attorney here at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman for a little Q&A session to help victims of truck crashes be more knowledgeable about federal and state laws and know what to do in the event of a collision.
Should I Move My Car After a Collision with a Truck?
“First of all, you are lucky to (a) be alive and (b) have your car in a drivable and moveable condition after colliding with a large truck, but to answer your question – no, you are not required to move your automobile at the scene of the truck crash unless it is clearly blocking traffic,” says our Ventura County truck accident lawyer.
If your vehicle is not blocking traffic, you should leave your car exactly where it is after the collision because doing so ensures that fault will be established more accurately. “However, if you do need to move your car, make sure you take photos and record videos at the scene to document exactly what happened and how it happened,” advises our lawyer.
What Information Should I Get from the Truck Driver?
“The way you communicate with the truck driver after the crash is critical,” says a Ventura County truck accident attorney from The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman. “Getting angry or violent is the number one mistake while refusing to talk to the other motorist is the second mistake.”
If possible, you need to obtain the following information from the driver of the truck:
- The first and last name.
- Home address.
- Phone number.
- License number.
- Insurance company (name, policy number, coverage, etc.).
- The name of the trucking company that employed him or her.
- The address and phone number of the trucking company.
Which Laws Apply to My Particular Truck Accident in California?
“There are hundreds of laws and guidelines that apply to truck drivers and trucking companies in California,” says our Ventura County truck accident lawyer. “Therefore, it is vital to discuss your unique case with a well-versed attorney to find out which laws and regulations apply to your particular accident.”
For example, different state and federal laws apply depending on the truck’s size and weight, whether the vehicle is commercial, the status of the truck driver, and many other factors. Let our lawyers from The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman review your case and determine how to use different laws to help obtain the compensation you deserve.
Is It Safe to Accept a Settlement Offer After a Truck Crash?
“Not at all,” warns an Ventura County truck accident attorney. “Accepting any money from insurance companies or trucking companies is never recommended unless you are 100 percent certain that the sum of money that is being offered is fair compensation for the past, present, and future losses and damages.”
A smart decision would be to discuss your case with a well-versed lawyer and let him or her calculate your economic, non-economic, tangible, and non-tangible losses and damages. After all, by accepting a settlement offer from an insurer, you are forfeiting your right to recover more money in the future.
Can I Negotiate for More Money in the Compensation?
“Of course, you can,” says our Ventura County truck accident lawyer. “However, doing so would require specific knowledge about California state laws and federal laws as well as experience in handling similar cases.”
Generally, insurance adjusters and trucking companies do not want victims to know that they have the right to negotiate for more money and use the victims’ ignorance and lack of knowledge as their tool for offering a low-ball settlement in the hope that the victim will accept it. Be smarter than that. Calculate how much your truck accident case is worth with the help of our lawyers from The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman.