Posted in Spinal Injury Attorney on Friday, Dec 28, 2018.
We know that you do not expect to get injured when you go out for the day, whether you are heading to work, school, or going shopping. Unfortunately, there are times with other people’s negligence causes us great harm. One of the worst injuries that a person can sustain is an injury to the spinal cord, as it often results in paralysis.
Most people do not realize the full costs of spinal cord injuries or the variety of ways in which they can occur. The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center tells us that the main causes of SCIs are
- Vehicle Accidents – 38%
- Falls – 30%
- Violence – 14%
- Sports and Recreation – 9%
- Medical Errors – 5%
- Other Incidents – 4%
Considering that list, we can see that everyone is at risk. Do you know where to turn if you or a loved one have suffered a spinal cord injury?
At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we are standing by and ready to help you recover the compensation you deserve when you need a Ventura spinal cord injury attorney.
The Horrible Reality
Around 282,000 people in the US are living with spinal cord injuries and they all face astronomical medical costs. For the first year of treatment, we know the expenses are as follows:
- Full Quadriplegia – $1 million
- Partial Quadriplegia – $769,000
- Paraplegia – $518,000
- Incomplete Motor Function – $347,000
That does not include the cost of each following year of care, which can be nearly as much per year. Consider that most people who suffer from an SCI and paralysis need care for the remainder of their lives.
- Up to 30% of all spinal cord injury victims are admitted to the hospital each year with complications due to their weakened state of health.
Most people do not think about the hidden costs of these injuries which can include the loss of wages of both the victim and their caregiver, accommodations to their vehicles and home to help with wheelchair mobility, the cost of specialized equipment, and the cost of long-term health and in-home care.
Some common questions we hear from victims of spinal cord injuries and their families are:
- Will insurance cover all of the medical costs?
- If another person was at fault, will their insurance cover the costs?
- Will I be covered for lifelong care needs?
- What about my lost wages and benefits?
A qualified and experienced attorney will be able to answer those questions and any others you may have as you work on getting into a new routine.
Your Next Steps
As you can see, almost anyone can experience a spinal cord injury with paralysis. While we hope this never happens, when it does, you need to know where to turn. At Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we want to help if you or a loved one have sustained a spinal cord injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Our qualified and experienced team will investigate your case and work to recover compensation for the following:
- Your medical bills (current and ongoing)
- Loss of wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- Brain Injury Attorney
- Burn injury attorney
- Car Accident Attorney
- Dog Bite Attorney
- Elder Abuse Attorney
- Metrolink Accident Attorney
- motorcycle accident attorney
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- personal injury attorney
- Pool accident attorney
- Santa Barbara
- Slip And Fall Accident
- Spinal Injury Attorney
- truck accident attorney
- Ventura County burn injury attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney