Any person who sustains a catastrophic injury is likely to suffer from significant setbacks. This includes financial setbacks as well as significant physical, emotional, and psychological setbacks. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman, our team is here to help if you need a Ventura County serious injury attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex injury claims, and our attorneys know what it takes to help our clients secure the compensation they need. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties while we seek justice on your behalf.
What is considered a “serious” injury in Ventura County?
When discussing serious injuries in Ventura County, you will often hear these referred to as “catastrophic injuries.” In general, a serious injury is one that prevents the injury victim from being able to conduct their daily lives as they were able to before the incident occurred. Serious injuries can lead to temporary or permanent disabilities for the victim. These injuries could also cause significant scarring and disfigurement.
At the Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman, our attorneys regularly help clients who have sustained the following types of serious injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries: Any person who sustains a spinal cord injury risks suffering from partial or total paralysis. These injuries can lead to a significantly lower quality of life and an inability to work for the victim.
- Brain injuries: Moderate to severe brain injuries often result in significant physical and cognitive disabilities for those who are injured.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries are one of the most painful things that can happen to a person. Aside from the pain and suffering, these injuries can also lead to significant scarring and disfigurement.
- Internal organ damage: Internal organ damage can be caused by significant external traumas as well as the consumption or inhalation of hazardous materials. These injuries can lead to significant disabilities for a victim.
- Amputations: The loss of a limb it’s certainly considered a catastrophic injury, and this can affect every aspect of a person’s life.
Catastrophic injuries in Ventura County can occur in a variety of ways, including vehicle accidents, medical mistakes, workplace accidents, premises liability injuries, faulty products, and more.
Time limit to file an injury claim in Ventura County
It is crucial for injury victims to understand that they have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in these cases. The California personal injury statute of limitations says that injury victims have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party in their case. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe could result in the victim being unable to recover the compensation they need, regardless of how severe the injury is.
Call our Ventura County serious injury attorney today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a serious injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of somebody else, contact the team at the Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman as soon as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex injury claims, and we know what it takes to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they need for their medical bills, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, pain and suffering losses, and more. When you need a Ventura County serious injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 805-983-2344.