Posted in Oxnard on Friday, Aug 11, 2017.
Although car accidents are inevitable, there are some common driving behaviors that may cause them. As we learn about these behaviors, we empower ourselves and our loved ones with useful strategies that help create safer roads in our communities. Studies have shown that driver errors are one of the leading causes of most car accidents. There are also other circumstances that may create the perfect scenario for an accident to occur. If you are unsure what to do after a car accident, contact Oxnard car accident attorney J. Jeffrey Herman.
But let’s take a look at some of the common causes:
- Distracted driving – We see it in the news every year. How car accidents are commonly caused by distracted driving. It’s important to pay attention to road conditions while driving. Texting, unnecessary phone calls, listening to loud music, or even putting make up can lead to an accident in just seconds.
- Speeding – Speeding feels good but it’s wrong. It’s one of the most common causes of accidents therefore you should drive within the legal limits.
- Reckless driving – It’s easy to drive aggressively but don’t do it. Take your time and swallow your pride. Stay calm and get home safe.
- Drunk driving – Driving under the influence can be very dangerous and deadly. If you had too many drinks it’s best to have a designated driver or call a cap.
- The weather – You can blame it on the weather because truly the weather can make our roads slippery. Avoid driving under such conditions whenever possible. If you lack visibility it’s best to wait until the storm passes.
- Stop on red lights – It’s very obvious yet some busy drivers tend to ignore and pass red lights quite often. They come up with so many excuses about work, e-mails, phone calls, etc. Your life is more important than any business transaction. You should wait until you can offer your undivided attention.
- Driving at night – It’s difficult seeing the whole picture at night. There may be hazards or other obstacles ahead that go undetected due to the lack of visibility.
- Tailgating – It’s very tempting to get too close to the car in front of you. Yes, some people will go extremely slow but this is not a good excuse to intimidate them too much closedness. It’s good keeping some distance as you will have more time to react to unpredictable situations.
- Flaws in the car – Any design defect can provoke an accident. Check for any recalls in the news and go to your scheduled car maintenance.
- Inexperienced drivers – This is very common in teen drivers. It’s important you instruct your teen to exercise caution out there.
- Drug abuse – Drugs such as prescription pills, marijuana, cocaine, and any other illegal drugs can make drivers unreliable. Stay away if you suspect a driver is under the influence.
- Tire blowouts – This can happen particularly when the tires are worn out and the road is too hot. Don’t panic and call for help if you don’t know how to replace the damaged tires.
- Construction work – The way construction personal set up the road can be very confusing even when you are familiar with the roads. Pay close attention as these roads may change every week. Drive slowly and ask for directions if you are confused.
Call an Oxnard car accident attorney after an accident. We are here to answer all your questions.
- Brain Injury Attorney
- Burn injury attorney
- Car Accident Attorney
- Dog Bite Attorney
- Elder Abuse Attorney
- Metrolink Accident Attorney
- motorcycle accident attorney
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- personal injury attorney
- Pool accident attorney
- Slip And Fall Accident
- Spinal Injury Attorney
- truck accident attorney
- Ventura County burn injury attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney