A serious injury can have a permanent impact on your quality of life. While no one can change the past, if you have sustained a major injury resulting from another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover financial compensation for certain losses associated with your injury.
Review your case with a Santa Barbara serious injury attorney at the Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman for more information about your legal options. If you have a valid case, we are prepared to offer the representation you need.
Santa Barbara Serious Injury Cases: What is a ‘Serious’ Injury?
Serious injuries come in many forms. Generally, an injury may be considered serious or catastrophic if it substantially interferes with a victim’s ability to work and/or go about their daily lives without assistance. Often, victims who sustain these types of injuries are left with permanent disabilities.
Examples include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of vision
- Loss of hearing
- Major burns, scarring, or disfigurement
- Cognitive problems
This is not an exhaustive list. Review your case with a Santa Barbara serious injury lawyer if you’re not certain whether your injuries qualify as serious or catastrophic.
Causes of Santa Barbara Serious Injuries
Victims may sustain a serious injuries as a result of:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or materials
- Falling accidents
- Workplace accidents
- …and more
The types of injuries likely to result in long-term challenges include (but aren’t necessarily limited to):
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Injuries that result in amputation
How a Santa Barbara Serious Injury Attorney Helps
If you’ve sustained a major injury because someone else was negligent, you may be able to seek financial compensation for such losses/damages as:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You may pursue the compensation you deserve by filing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance carrier. Before doing so, strongly consider hiring a Santa Barbara serious injury law firm.
A Santa Barbara serious injury attorney can help you win your case by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation. This is necessary in order to properly identify the liable parties and to gather evidence proving you were injured as a result of their actions or carelessness.
- Reviewing all your past, current, and potential future losses resulting from your injuries to determine how much compensation you may be eligible to recover. This process can sometimes involve assigning a monetary value to such non-economic losses as pain and suffering.
- Filing a claim with the insurance company and entering into negotiations for a fair settlement.
That last point is important. An insurance company will often attempt to convince a victim to settle for less than their claim is worth. This is particularly true in a Santa Barbara serious injury case, when the amount of money a victim may deserve to receive can be fairly substantial.
Don’t let an insurer take advantage of you during this difficult time. Hire a lawyer qualified to negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
Contact a Santa Barbara Serious Injury Attorney
At The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman, we are committed to helping victims of negligence recover proper compensation for their losses. Learn more about what a Santa Barbara serious injury attorney can do for you by contacting us online or calling us at 805-983-2344.