Nobody should ever have to worry about being harmed due to the actions of another person. However, if you or a loved one need an Oxnard personal injury attorney to help secure compensation after an incident, you can count on the team at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman. Our qualified and experienced attorneys have vast experience handling these cases and will investigate every aspect of the incident so you do not have to.
Personal injuries happen in a variety of ways
A personal injury case can arise anytime somebody is harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, organization, or company. The injured victim can file a claim against the at-fault party to recover compensation for their losses. There are many ways in which these incidents occur and the team at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman regularly helps clients who have been harmed due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Lyft or Uber accidents
- Property liability incidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Faulty product cases
- Elder abuse cases
- Dog bite or animal attack incident
- Pool and hot tub accidents
- Bus accidents
This is by no means a complete list of the ways a person can sustain an injury because of someone else’s actions. If you have any questions about your particular situation, contact our personal injury lawyers for a free consultation of your case today.
Most common injuries we help clients with
Unfortunately, these cases often lead to serious injuries for a victim. At The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman, our attorneys regularly help victims who have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries or open head wounds
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Puncture wounds
- Other severe soft tissue damage
Each of these injuries can lead to enormous medical bills as well as other expenses for victims and their families.
How long do you have to file a claim?
In California, victims of personal injuries have a limited amount of time to file lawsuits against the person responsible. The statute of limitations in these cases states that a victim has two years from the date an injury occurs to bring a claim in court.
We can help you through this today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured because of another person’s careless or negligent actions, seek legal assistance immediately. These cases can become complicated, but the team at The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman is ready to get to work securing the compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work while you recover
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible