- Oxnard Personal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Slip And Fall Attorney
- Oxnard Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Oxnard Elder Abuse Attorney
- Oxnard Spinal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Dog Bite Attorney
- Oxnard Wrongful Death Attorney
- Oxnard truck accident attorney
- Oxnard motorcycle accident attorney
- Oxnard Car Accident Lawyer
- Oxnard Brain Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Pool Accident attorney
- Oxnard Burn Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Oxnard Premises Liability Attorney
- Oxnard Uber Accident Attorney
You should never have to worry about getting hurt when you are on another person’s property. Property owners have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe for anyone who has a right to be there. Unfortunately, there are times when the negligence of a property owner causes severe injuries to patrons. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, our skilled and experienced Oxnard premises liability attorneys are ready to help if you or a loved one are injured. Let us get to work on securing the compensation you deserve.
What it takes to win a premises liability case
Property owners have a duty to keep invitees and licensees (those who have a right to be on the property) safe from foreseeable dangers. The elements of a successful case include:
- Duty: There must be a duty to care for between the property owner and those on the property. This can be between a store owner and customer, a property owner and a party guest, etc.
- Breach: The duty to care must be breached somehow, meaning the property owner did not take steps to remedy a known hazard or failed to warn guests of a known hazard.
- Injuries: The plaintiff (injury victim) must have been injured by the property owner’s breach of duty.
- Damages: The plaintiff must have sustained some kind of loss due to their injuries (medical bills, lost income, etc.).
There are various ways in which these cases arise. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents
- Poor overall property maintenance
- Inadequate security
- Improper chemical usage
- Dog bites or attacks
- Pool or hot tub accidents
These incidents can cause a range of injuries. It is not uncommon for our premises liability lawyers to help clients suffering from the following injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or punctures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Respiratory injuries from hazardous chemicals
- Drownings or near-drownings
Each of these injuries requires medical attention and can lead to significant medical expenses. If a premises liability injury victim cannot work while they recover, or is no longer able to work at all, they could lose the income they need to support themselves and their families.
We are ready to get to work on your behalf
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to the actions of a negligent property owner or their employees, please seek legal assistance today. You could be entitled to compensation and the team at the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman is ready to help you secure the following:
- All of your medical expenses related to the incident
- Pain and suffering damages
- Lost income if you cannot work while you recover
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party