Oxnard Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman has been representing motorcyclists in our community for many years now. Specializing in motorcycle laws, we are one of Oxnard’s finest injury law firms. Our attorney is very familiar with these types of cases and will help you recover your losses.
Circumstances leading to the accident
Bikers are very vulnerable on the road and oftentimes blamed for accidents they may not have caused. While some motorcycle accidents can be prevented, others are very unpredictable. Some of the circumstances leading to a motorcycle accident in Oxnard include:
- Changing lanes suddenly
- Entering a corner or blind corner too fast
- Wet roads
- Breaking problems
There are are some common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents. Being familiar with them can help you prepare in the event an accident occurs. It’s good you protect yourself and your loved ones by improving your riding habits. Motorcycle injuries can be very deadly if you are not cautious.
- Head injury – This is one of the most common injuries, which may cause brain damage and concussion. Concussions can be slight or severe while brain damage can lead to deterioration of brain cells and difficulties including faintness, memory loss, and depression. Wear your helmet at all times even for a short ride.
- Road rash – This injury occurs when the rider slides across the pavement after the collision. There can be skin infections, nerve damage, and irritations. Medical treatment is required as well as antibiotics to avoid infection. There are protective garments you can use to avoid or lessen these injuries.
- Muscle damage – This can become permanent after your collision and cause paralysis if you don’t receive prompt medical treatment. A muscle many people forget is the eardrum. This should also be protected by wearing a helmet.
- Arm and leg injuries – The arms often receive most of the damage do to the natural instinct to draw the arms in order to reduce the impact. Legs and knees can also suffer from the impact of the accident. There can be fractures, shattered bones, large cuts, and bruising. Driving safely and wearing boots or long pants can protect you from unpredictable circumstances on the road.
Dealing with insurance companies
Dishonest insurance carriers tend to complicate the claiming process unless you have an Oxnard motorcycle accident attorney by your side. Insurance companies may request reimbursement of some of the money provided to cover your medical bills, vehicle repair, and so on. You need to understand your rights before you speak to them. Also, don’t settle the matter for cash as you will have no rights in the future. It’s best that you report the accident to the police, and contact your attorney if you are injured in the accident. Don’t sign a settlement agreement with your insurance company or a check before speaking to a motorcycle accident attorney.
Get in touch with us
At The Law Offices of J. Jeffrey Herman we are committed to protecting your rights. We serve the Oxnard biker community and do whatever it takes to get the results you seek. Mr. Herman will explain what your legal options are and how you can pursue rightful compensation.