- Oxnard Personal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Slip And Fall Attorney
- Oxnard Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Oxnard Elder Abuse Attorney
- Oxnard Spinal Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Dog Bite Attorney
- Oxnard Wrongful Death Attorney
- Oxnard truck accident attorney
- Oxnard motorcycle accident attorney
- Oxnard Car Accident Lawyer
- Oxnard Brain Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Pool Accident attorney
- Oxnard Burn Injury Attorney
- Oxnard Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Oxnard Premises Liability Attorney
- Oxnard Uber Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents often lead to severe injuries. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a bicycle crash that was caused by another person’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we understand that you need help through this situation. Our qualified and experienced Oxnard bicycle accident attorneys will investigate all aspects of your case and work to secure the compensation you truly deserve.
Bicycle accidents are often devastating for victims
Imagine the human body being impacted by several thousand pounds. That is what happens in a bicycle crash. Whether they happen at high or low speeds, a bicycle crash has the potential to cause major injuries to a cyclist. It is not uncommon for our Oxnard bicycle accident lawyer to help clients suffering from the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures or dislocations
- Loss of or damage to a bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Significant disfigurement
Each of these injuries requires medical attention, and victims often incur tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills. If they cannot work while they recover, a victim risks losing the income they need to support themselves and their family.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), there were 11,379 bicycle accident injuries and 124 bicycle crash fatalities during the latest reporting year across the state. A high percentage of all bicycle crashes result in an injury or a fatality.
Bicyclists are vulnerable, even when they are wearing a helmet. Most drivers do not realize that a bicyclist has the right to be on the roadway in most situations. Many crashes happen in areas where the cyclist has the right-of-way, including:
- Sideswipe accidents when a vehicle strikes a bicyclist on the right side of the road.
- At an intersection where the cyclist has a light to go.
- In bicycle lanes that a driver veers into.
There are several factors that contribute to these incidents. In many cases, they are due to traffic violations on the part of the driver, such as failure to yield the right-of-way, not stopping at a stop sign, speeding, etc. Bicyclists are also vulnerable to drunk and distracted drivers.
Let us secure the compensation you deserve
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by the negligent or careless actions of another person, seek legal assistance today. At the Law Offices of J. Jeffery Herman, we will investigate what happened in the incident in order to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses due to the bike crash
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work while you recover
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party