A man was recently injured in a fatal motorcycle crash. The accident happened close to Oxnard Blvd and Seventh Street. Local authorities say it happened around 7:55 p.m. on a Friday. The 17-year-old driver was making a left turn when a 30-year-old motorcyclist crashed into her vehicle and he was thrown from his motorcycle. The Oxnard man was seriously injured and he also suffered severe injuries. He was taken to Ventura Medical Center. Unfortunately, he remains in serious condition. The police are still trying to determine what caused the accident.
Common causes of motorcycle crashes
Motorcyclists can face many challenges on our roads. They lack protective structure and generally suffer fatal injuries when getting involved in an accident. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Changing lanes – This is a very common scenario. Some drivers forget to check their blind spot or signal causing an accident when changing lanes.
- Opening a vehicle door – Sometimes a driver opens the door facing the oncoming traffic too suddenly.
- Speeding – This is also a common cause. When a driver or motorcyclist is speeding he or she has less chance of seeing and reacting to an unexpected situation.
- DUI – Some individuals driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Besides being illegal, it is not safe. The more you speed, the deadlier the impact.
- Lane splitting – It is not legal and also very dangerous driving between lanes.
- Rear-end accidents caused by sudden stops.
- Drivers with no experience – Inexperienced drivers can cause a crash because they are not familiar with the road or have the skills required.
- Making a left turn – It is easy to misjudge distance when making a left turn.
- Unsafe roads – Some roads are not so well taken care of. Whether due to lack of signs or poor road conditions, a driver or motorcyclists can lose control of the vehicle and cause a devastating accident.
- Manufacturing issues – Sometimes a motorcycle part was poorly designed. In these type of cases, the manufacturer can be held liable if an accident occurs.
Be watchful this holiday season
The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year but many accidents also occur over the holiday season. With many people on the road enjoying their eggnog, wine, and other spirits, drunk driving is prevalent. Even the best drivers can get into an accident and sustain severe injuries, which can be life-threatening.
We are here for you
We understand that a motorcycle accident can result in a deadly accident and cause much suffering to its victims. The impact of these injuries can change you forever have been involved in a fatal motorcycle crash, call us and schedule your initial case review with Oxnard car accident attorney J. Jeffrey Herman. We can help you recover money for your medical costs and lost income, and pain and suffering. Be alert and avoid all dangerous situations. We would like to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Burn injury
- Car Accident
- Dog Bite
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Elder Abuse
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Personal Injury
- Pool Accident
- Premises Liability
- Santa Barbara
- Slip And Fall Accident
- Spinal Injury
- Truck Accident
- Ventura County burn injury attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney